Roleplay Armada
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplay Armada

Lol, we RP and stuff.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Diablo 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lyvern
New Guy
Lyvern

Diablo 3 Empty
PostSubject: Diablo 3   Diablo 3 EmptySat May 12, 2012 10:46 pm #1

Anyone else gonna be sleeping all day monday to be up all day tuesday?
Back to top Go down
BlessedWrath
Tom Hanks
BlessedWrath

Pet : Whip
: : : 3
: : : 2

Diablo 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Diablo 3   Diablo 3 EmptySun May 13, 2012 10:45 am #2

Tch. It's likely I won't be getting my preorder copy. I have zero cash, and no one to borrow from. Looks like I get to pass on the treasure trove of goodies I was looking forward to, unless my snake whip sells, or money falls from the sky.

Just as well; this old beast of a laptop probably couldn't play it.
Back to top Go down
takingbackheaven
Commander Shepard
takingbackheaven

RP : Member
AT : Member
Pet : Fluttershy
: : : 50
: : : 20
: : : 5
Location : Michigan (So obviously a different time zone than most [If not all] of you.)

Diablo 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Diablo 3   Diablo 3 EmptySun May 13, 2012 12:35 pm #3

I managed to get a key to the Torchlight 2 beta, so I'm good. That, and I'm broke as hell right now. Let me know how it is though, okay?
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitch.tv/takingbackheaven
BlessedWrath
Tom Hanks
BlessedWrath

Diablo 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Diablo 3   Diablo 3 EmptyTue May 15, 2012 4:29 pm #4

Finally remembered that I had a brand new graphics card sitting in one of my boxes. I couldn't use it before, because the blasted mounting bracket was too tall. Well...I got sneaky and removed the bracket, noting that the VGA port (which was what was preventing my low-profile Gateway from closing up all the way) was not hard-mounted to the card, connected instead by a short length of ribbon cable. Suddenly their inclusion of a second mounting bracket with a hole just big enough for a VGA cable started to make sense.

So, I moved the VGA port over, removed the mounting bracket, stuck the new card in and fired it up. Once the drivers were installed, I was set to go. Now Sword of the Stars will properly render 3D ships! Yay!

I got all the way through with loading Diablo III (thanks to my mate, to whom I now owe $50), and ran smack into a server issue. They won't be up until much later, probably, even though Blizzard swears they're ready...~looks at watch~ ...now.

I'm going to check it out. Even if they are running, I'm expecting a very choppy game animation. I'll be lucky if I can play it at all.
Back to top Go down
BlessedWrath
Tom Hanks
BlessedWrath

Diablo 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Diablo 3   Diablo 3 EmptyWed May 16, 2012 10:04 pm #5

This deserves an update.

My ancient Gateway is apparently not so ancient after all. It's only got a single-core 3.xx ghz CPU and, although I was aware that the factory standard video card was antiquated, I did not expect the new Radeon HD 4350 to operate at all. Blizzard states clearly that a 4870 is required. Hell, I'm not even sure how much RAM is in this thing; certainly not more than 2gb.

Yet, Diablo 3 runs flawlessly. Granted, the game defaults to low detail, but even that is visually stunning. I actually had to reduce the in-game video resolution to 800x600 just so that I could read the text (my living room television is only 19", so this may be a cause for it).

I could not be more pleased. I paid $75 for the case, a few bucks for the RAM replacements, and about $40 for the new card. Overall, I got a perfectly good system, running good ol' XP SP3, for under $200. Even my $1000 laptop isn't this good.

So, enough blathering about my geekitude. I would like to announce my Battle Tag to RA members who are seeking a Diablo III party member. Games are fun, but they are best when shared. When I am online, I am very likely to want to party, even if I'm ahead of where you are. Experience is experience. Drops are drops.

BW's Battle Tag: BlessedWrath#1585

On the Character Selection Screen, click the Social icon (looks like a man with arms spread), or hit "o" to open the social screen. Here you can add friends and invite party members to a private game. Type in my Battle Tag exactly as it is shown and it will prompt me to accept when/if I am online.

Do not worry about loot, either. Drops are completely instanced, meaning that each player receives his own loot. No matter how much a person wants to, he cannot swipe it from you.

Fight on.
Back to top Go down
takingbackheaven
Commander Shepard
takingbackheaven

Location : Michigan (So obviously a different time zone than most [If not all] of you.)

Diablo 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Diablo 3   Diablo 3 EmptySun May 20, 2012 2:53 am #6

Meh. I sold my soul to get it. And it is amazing. But now you guys won't see me again for a while.

Also, BW, I'm making a battletag post for it, and I'm gonna add your tag in there if that's cool.
Back to top Go down
BlessedWrath
Tom Hanks
BlessedWrath

Diablo 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Diablo 3   Diablo 3 EmptySun May 20, 2012 9:58 pm #7

Absolutely fine, TBH. I think we'd do well together, even though it will obviously compete with RA for our attention. >_>

I promise to post in Pandora 13 soon. When is soon? After now and before never. ^_^
Back to top Go down
Cidellus
Associate
Cidellus

Diablo 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Diablo 3   Diablo 3 EmptySun May 20, 2012 10:04 pm #8

=|

YAY! We have a release window!

VICTORY!

*flails arms*
Back to top Go down
Lyvern
New Guy
Lyvern

Diablo 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Diablo 3   Diablo 3 EmptyTue May 22, 2012 8:04 pm #9

Working my way though Nightmare, a good way through Act 3.

My monk kicks ass :D
Back to top Go down
takingbackheaven
Commander Shepard
takingbackheaven

Diablo 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Diablo 3   Diablo 3 EmptyTue May 22, 2012 10:29 pm #10

I'm stuck on Diablo on nightmare. But I'm grinding to get better. I think.
Back to top Go down
Lyvern
New Guy
Lyvern

Diablo 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Diablo 3   Diablo 3 EmptyWed May 23, 2012 7:45 pm #11

Let me know if you need any help. I'll be on tomorrow after about 3-4 EST for a while, friday I'll be on early morning and late night. Saturday after 4:30.
Back to top Go down
BlessedWrath
Tom Hanks
BlessedWrath

Diablo 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Diablo 3   Diablo 3 EmptyThu May 24, 2012 12:55 pm #12

Level 55 Wizard, here. If anyone needs help, I'm happy to offer it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Diablo 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Diablo 3   Diablo 3 Empty #13

Back to top Go down

Diablo 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1