Roleplay Armada
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplay Armada

Lol, we RP and stuff.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Road to Destiny IC

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Emerald Link
Tom Hanks
Emerald Link

RP : Member
Pet : Leafeon
: : : 16
: : : 14
: : : 13
: : : 3

The Road to Destiny IC Empty
PostSubject: The Road to Destiny IC   The Road to Destiny IC EmptyThu May 10, 2012 9:55 pm #1

Quote :
The character slots are still open for Xan and Len. I know you've either been busy or what have you, but do note that I'm not discluding you just by starting this roleplay. I've left it for a while, and it needed to be started. With that said, let's get on with the story!

The Athaltanian coastline was a sight to behold. Beautiful beaches with pure white sand. The ocean was a pale bluish-green, which shone in the rising sunlight. If you had just landed on this coast with no prior knowledge of what the continent held, you would not know of the war that was being waged inland. The three kingdoms of Athaltana, Fenys, and Undosia were currently in a truce with one another. But, they had taken this land from the kingdom of Seonadeu. The Seonadites were trying to reclaim their land, and were doing quite well actually, despite their small, limited armies. Something about their leader, King Barkin was offputting. There was so little information about him, and yet he'd managed to start taking back parts of Fenys and Undosia. He'd even managed to get a rogue group into Athaltana, where they took over one of the major cities.

The battles were becoming more and more brutal with each passing day. The current scenery might not show it, but there were casualties in all of the kingdoms. More and more bodies started to pile up as more villages were taken over. The three monarchs could stand no more. They had to find a way into Seonadeu and confront King Barkin. They called upon the most skilled warriors in their kingdoms, and told them to meet on the eastern coast of Athaltana. There were no current reports of Seonadites anywhere near there, so the warriors could meet and come up with a plan. They would have to traverse through the kingdoms and find a way to get into Seonadeu without being noticed. It would not be easy, but the monarchs were assured that their champions could pull through it and conquer Barkin.

Two figures currently stood upon the beach. A small, quite young lion clad in only his martial arts gear, and a very flamboyant, talkative cardinal. The cardinal was looking around worriedly, hoping to find the other warriors. "Oh mister Janros. I am worried the others will not arrive." He chirred, his feathers ruffling.

"Do not worry yourself Chazn. I am sure they will arrive. Do remember that some of them are coming from the other kingdoms. They had to travel farther than you or I to get here." The lion, named Janros was the first of two chosen to represent Athaltana. Their skills were proficiency in martial arts. He had trained with King Salvayon himself after he became a monk at the Beoldbel Monastery. His biggest accomplishments were with a quarterstaff, which he currently had in his hand, and the San Soo style of fighting. He knew there was another from Athaltana coming, and he could not wait to meet him. He was excited to see the others as well.

Chazn continued to worry. "Oh if they do not arrive soon I shall have to fly off and look for them." He started to pace in the sand, his feet leaving distinct prints.

"Chazn. Look at me." Janros commanded. The bird looked at him without a second thought. "They will arrive. Give them time." He bared his teeth a little at the bird, who shivered and looked away.

"O-of course! H-how silly of me to wo-worry..." he chuckled nervously, hoping that Janros would not actually try to harm him with those sharp, pointy teeth. The two of them looked out across the rolling plains, trying to spot any of the other heroes that were to join them.
Back to top Go down
BlessedWrath
Tom Hanks
BlessedWrath

Pet : Whip
: : : 2

PostSubject: Re: The Road to Destiny IC   The Road to Destiny IC EmptyThu May 10, 2012 11:22 pm #2

Meanwhile, in the thickly wooded forests of Undosia...

"Spread out!" Came the harsh, grating command of a Seonadean patrol officer. "This where she was last seen. Do not separate!"

A soft breeze played with the man's hair, a tawny, frazzled mess which curled around his neck and spilled over his left shoulder. He brushed it back into place, almost neglecting to notice that the leaves in the clearing were not moving. His brow furrowed as he drew his short sword.

"She's here!" he bellowed, barely a second before the surprised grunt of his lieutenant marked his sudden disappearance into the brush. "Gaius!" the leader shouted, but his only reply was a sickening crunching sound, followed by a spattering, then a slow drip.

"Stay alert!" the commander rasped. "Your back to mine, Cael. We will take her together."

Nothing happened for a time. Altair, the commander of this small patrol, scrutinized the edges of the clearing for any sign of traps, ambush, or other trickery. He knew that, as long as they remained here, they had a better chance of detecting the enemy's attack before it struck home. Both warriors held fast, each with their weapons ready. But no attack came.

Altair motioned for Cael to break formation. The signal meant that he and Altair would select a direction and carefully explore the woods, then begin a search pattern of concentric circles from that vantage point. If the Wild One was here, they would find her...and end her.

There came a rustling from one of the bushes, and Cael snapped into action. He thrust his palm toward the sound and loosed a conflagration on the unknown entity. Before his spell could strike its target, however, an unnaturally strong wind swept it away, canceling the elemental fire. The two forces blended on impact, creating a beautiful, but harmless whirlwind of light and heat, which quickly dissipated.

"What in Creation," Cael muttered. He prepared his energies and fired again, and again the wind swept his power away. Now he was getting angry. This was not typical anger, mind you, but the anger born of frustration; anger created from the frustration which occurs when a man knows he can do nothing.

Cael fired a third time, this time with every bit of power he could muster. He took in the ambient energy of the spirit plane and concentrated it within himself, letting the power blend with the energy of his spirit, then opened himself fully. The cone of flame, blue at its core, roared forth, threatening to set the forest ablaze with the intensity of its heat.

From the woods, the wind came again. It formed a column of air which surged into the cone at its center, spawning cross-currents from either side, which slammed into the inferno at offset intervals. The spiralling effect which resulted rushed the two Seonadites with surprising speed and accuracy.

Though Altair nimbly evaded the firestorm, Cael was not so swift on his feet. He was engulfed by his own destructive force. The force of the whirlwind carrying his flames took him up into the center of the inferno, and his clothes ignited instantly. When the screaming stopped, his body hit the ground at Altair's feet. Smoke plumed from every blackened orifice.

"All right!" Altair screamed, hacking at the vegetation with his sword. "If you won't face me, I'll hunt you down myself!"

Three steps into the wood, the body of his first fallen comerade slumped into view, just in front of him. The startled Altair barely had time to stay his hand. Gaius' head was twisted too far to one side for natural posture, and his neck appeared to have been bent at an unnatural angle, as well as every one of his joints in each limb. The vines which held him continued to snake around his body, dragging poisonous thorns across his skin, which left deep, oozing lacerations. As he stood there, mouth open, working silently for the words to describe such a thing, the silent whisper of an arrow took him to his knees.

"You," Altair seethed, clutching at the arrow in his thigh. "You'll burn for this, Witch!"

Altair's vision blurred. He could not make out the details of the feminine form which approached him, arrow nocked into one of the finest bows he had ever seen. He thought it odd that he would choose the quality of a weapon to be the last detail he remembered about the mortal realm. He was nearly on his feet when she fired again, this time immobilizing his other leg.

"Do it!" Altair shouted hysterically. "That's what you're here for, isn't it?"

The woman stood silent, obviously studying him. It looked as though she were deciding on something, although Altair couldn't guess at what it was. The short moment of tension ended when she slowly, methodically reached for her quiver. Her gaze never broke from his as each separate finger closed down on the arrow.

"What are you waiting for?" Altair screamed. "Do it!"

She pulled the arrow. It was eternity, for Altair. The scraping of the wood against the leather of the quiver, the excruciating precision of her arm, the infinite forevers he waited for the nock of the arrow to meet the string...would he ever see the end of his anticipation? She stretched the string, cherishing every creak her bow produced, choosing now to allow its wood and sinew to speak to the intruder.

The two stared at each other, Altair exhaling hatred for the mistres of his execution, and She simply waiting for him to break. Then the moment came. His eyes glistened, then ran with the tears of terror. That was what she wanted. She fired.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Three days hence, in that very clearing...

"Patrol never returned from this area. Be careful."

Nine Seonadean men pushed aside the heavy vegetation of the Undosian forest. They had been dispatched by their superiors to search for a small patrol which had failed to return to camp. Their orders had been to search for a rogue Undosian sorceress who had been 'causing trouble' in the area.

"Over here!" One of the men shouted. Seconds later, there came the sound of a man's daily allowance of rations choosing to leave his stomach. "What god would allow this?" He shrieked, scrambling away from the corpse of the slain Altair. His skin had been tanned and dyed with the tribal markings of the Children of Gaia. It formed a grim ward over his body, suspended by the last of his assailant's arrows.

"Return to base, immediately," The new group's commander hollowly replied, trying to swallow the lump in his throat. "We bring a garrison next time."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Elsewhere...

For as long as she'd remembered, she called these forests home. She answered a call that no man would ever understand. She was Cassandra the Wild, Child of Gaia, Champion of the Earth Mother, and avenger of all who would be wronged by violent hands. Hers were the gifts of nature, and they came with the trust of the goddess. She would never allow Her to be harmed by these selfish, empty men.

Cassandra walked the empty road leading from the western forests. She knew there would be more of these men, coming to take away her home. She tracked them, treating their horses and wagons as she would any of her prey. When she needed rest, she called to the trees to protect her while she slept. When she needed food, she asked for the sacrifice of her brothers and sisters to sustain her. What she ate, she thanked. What she took, she replaced.

As she traveled, she came to a decision. There must never again be a village like hers. The Destroyers must be stopped, even if it does mean intervening on behalf of mortal men. She called out to the forest, sending her MindSpeech as far and wide as it could go.

I am the Wild," Cassandra announced, broadcasting to all who would receive the message. "I am the Wrath of the Earth Mother. I am the Mercy you give to your victims. I am the Fruit of your labors, and your ultimate end. Come take these lands, as you have done the others. Come and take the Wood, if you can."

Last edited by BlessedWrath on Sun May 27, 2012 6:50 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Because derp.)
Back to top Go down
Lyvern
New Guy
Lyvern

PostSubject: Re: The Road to Destiny IC   The Road to Destiny IC EmptyTue May 15, 2012 12:29 pm #3

A robed figure rose over the horizon, down the coastline from the lion and the worried bird. It moved at a slow, steady pace, a staff in one paw, the other hanging loose. He stared out over the sea, as if it were something he didn't get to see often, if at all. As he moved closer to the odd pair, it became visible that the free hand was always moving, as if he had a nervous tic, bits of flame and light appearing and dissappearing randomly.

As he got within yelling distance, he took his gaze off of the sea, focusing more on the two infront of him, his paw stopping the movements and instead lightly gripping his sash. He wasn't too sure if he should trust them, and that became apparent in his posture, as he stood straighter and walked more confidently. He raised his staff in greeting as he walked, soon stopping a few yards away from them, unsure of what to say.
Back to top Go down
LadyOctopus
New Guy
LadyOctopus

PostSubject: Re: The Road to Destiny IC   The Road to Destiny IC EmptyTue May 15, 2012 6:21 pm #4

Sweart made his way over to the beach very slowly. The man in charge of him right now wanted to have him accompanied by guards to make sure he didn't escape, but then realized how suspicious that would look, and Sweart already looked pretty suspicious. So they just accompanied him to the beach where the meeting would take place, and just kept an eye on him in case he tried to make a run for it. Sweart was tempted, honestly, but he wasn't sure where he would go after that. Plus, he did kind of want to see the guy's cute kid again.

He looked... less than what you would expect a champion to. He was otherwise a pretty average looking black tomcat (well, PROBABLY a tomcat, anyway), pretty young, with clothes that did not look fight worthy or very new. He looked pretty beaten up, a bruised up cheek and one with a healing cut on it, with holes in his ear and lip, though it was hard to tell how old those were actually were. Though, he seemed to be pretty excited about being on the beach. Even with everything overhead, he didn't really hang out at the beach to just hang out at the beach, which, in a way, this sort of was. He was kicking sand here and there as he walked, laughing a little.

It was a little bit before he noticed the four in front of him. He was pretty sure, by the look of one of them at least, that these were the group he was looking for. He did look pretty suspiciously at the robed figure, getting a bit closer to the lion... though, taking a few staring glances at the cardinal. It was hard to tell if he actually meant to eat him, or was just messing with him. "So, nice ta' meet you fellas! I'm Sweart, what about y'all?"
Back to top Go down
Emerald Link
Tom Hanks
Emerald Link

PostSubject: Re: The Road to Destiny IC   The Road to Destiny IC EmptyFri May 18, 2012 11:06 pm #5

The first figure that came across the top of the hill toward them made Chazn chirp with joy. "Oh happy day! You are not alone, Mister Janros! Hello kind sir!" He said waving to him. The figure made no attempts to communicate with either of them. In fact, he looked quite nervous. Did he not trust them?

Janros studied the figure for a few moments, before smiling at him. "Good day to you sir." he said, bowing to him. "Judging by your appearance, I can tell you hail from Undosia. If that is the case, you must be Marr." The young lion smiled to him again. He would normally move closer to him, but he felt it would not be good, since Marr seemed to not trust them fully.

"I am Chazn, Sir Marr." the bird said, finally bowing to him. "It is wonderful to see you here. I was worried no one was going to show!" he chirred nervously again, but shook it off with a chuckle. "It seems that the other Undosian is currently unavailable though..." Chazn's nervousness quickly returned. But just as he was about to worry more, another figure appeared. Several in fact. That never boded well. Chazn tried to stay near Janros, but the lion moved away from him, waiting for the group to approach.

"Why... hello there..." His voice trailed off as he got a better look. It took him a moment, but he soon realized that most of the group was from the Athaltanian Royal Guard. The man in the middle of the group seemed to be less... champion-like. But that did not matter to Janros. The cat pretty much approached him right away, addressing him first. "Hi there, Sweart! I am Janros, and this is Marr and Chazn." he pointed to the two in turn. "I can tell you are from Athaltana. The northern region I believe?"

Chazn's nerves seemed to calm down a bit more as Sweart was introduced. Though he did not care for how he looked, he was still one of the chosen nonetheless. "Wonderful to meet you, Sir Sweart." he said, looking off in the distance.

Another messenger was steadily approaching. The blue jay was flying from the northeast, most likely coming from the kingdom of Fenys. She landed in front of Chazn. "Goodday, Chazn." She said, chatting with him directly. She did not really pay any heed to the others. "I have some unfortunate news. Currently, those chosen to represent Fenys in this crusade are... unavailable."

Chazn's feather's quickly ruffled. "W-what?! Is there any explanation?"

She shook her head. "We have heard no word from either of them. Queen Marilyn suggests that the party move on with the mission. They still must locate the rogue Undosian from the forests. She will be an asset to this ragtag team, especially with Fenys being under-represented." She patted Chazn on the shoulder.

It did not make him feel any better. "W-well! I guess we will make due. We are waiting for one other first, and we shall head off for Undosia so we can find this legendary witch." His brow furrowed at the thought. He did not trust many Undosians, even though he was an ambassador between the three kingdoms. He just did not trust magic users. "T-thank you again, Zaina."

"You are quite welcome, Chazn." She winked at him before flying off back to Fenys. Chazn felt his face flush a little, but ignored it. He turned to the group. "It seems that the Fenysians have not decided to join us at this moment. Hopefully they will be able to later. We need to wait for Sir Marr's colleague and then head for the Undosian forests."
Back to top Go down
BlessedWrath
Tom Hanks
BlessedWrath

PostSubject: Re: The Road to Destiny IC   The Road to Destiny IC EmptySat May 19, 2012 1:00 am #6

Cassandra's icy gaze swept the fields at the edge of Undosia's forested region. She saw nothing. That was the trouble. For so long she had been cradled by Gaia's embrace that she now wished nothing more than to turn back to the wood. She cared nothing for the outsiders or their petty squabbling; nothing mattered but the Earth Mother. But, as any mother will, She had chosen this time to give Her daughter to the world. It was time for Cassandra to leave the nest; to spread her wings and fly.

"You take advantage of me, Mother," she grumbled. Her MindSpeak touched the thoughts of the Earth Mother, who said nothing.

"I was birthed by mortals, but raised by a Goddess. You know well my desire to please you." Cassandra sighed and perched on a fallen tree, the balls of her feet balancing delicately at its highest point as she surveyed the open ground. "You know I will not defy your Will."

After a long, hard look at her home, Cassandra steeled herself against her doubts and sent herself into the unknown. If she had cared enough about mortal men to know their habits, she could have enjoyed the irony of her apprehension; while they feared the dense vegetation of the forest, and what creatures it might hide, she found the embrace of the wood to be a great comfort. In the wood, Cassandra knew her fate by the changes in her surroundings. She knew which foods to eat, which creatures to hunt (or to avoid), and which paths were safe, all from the signs given her by nature. Here, out in the grasslands and wastes, there were no such comforts.

"You test me, Mother," Cassandra Spoke again, a pair of tiny thumps signaling her descent from the tree. She strode into the fields, determined to face whatever challenges awaited her, knowing it was possible she would never again return.

"I will not fail."
Back to top Go down
SakuSakuragi!
Sakumeister Supreme
SakuSakuragi!

Pet : Kazuya
: : : 50
: : : 10
: : : 5

PostSubject: Re: The Road to Destiny IC   The Road to Destiny IC EmptySat May 19, 2012 1:20 am #7

A chilling air followed Procyon as he walked along the coastline, using his magic to cool the immediate area around him. He was accompanied by a servant and a guard, who were meant to aid him until he had reached the group of warriors, who trod sluggishly behind him, exhausted because of the heat.
"P-please, Lucid one, might I stand near yo--"
"Ho! There! I see the party!" Procyon shouts as he sees the silhouettes of who are to be his comrades in this campaign, interrupting the pleas of his mouse-servant, Jincha. Procyon stared at his servant with an expression that read as highly expectant and increasingly annoyed.
"Well, peon? Announce me in. You would like it if your family were to eat for the next few days, would you not?" he then turned to the guard, a burly, armor-clad hound, "Pakka, go with him. The useless sod cannot walk three steps without losing a bout to the wind."
His servant and guard nodded their heads quickly, turned, set forth increasing the speed of their pace towards the silhouettes until they came within clear earshot.
Taking a long, deep breath, Jincha loudly announces the arrival of Procyon, "Hail, hail! We of Undosia present unto thee the long awaited and highly talented Procyon the Lucid, Grandmaster Elementalist and son of King Marcellys, the Physik of Undosia!"
As soon as those words ended, a large cloud of sand appeared behind the mouse and hound, towering several tens of feet high, parting in the center to reveal Procyon himself in a show of grandeur.
Procyon bows to the rest of the group. "I have arrived late, but I am sure this is of no hassle," he says, with a smile packed full of confidence and arrogance.
Back to top Go down
Lyvern
New Guy
Lyvern

PostSubject: Re: The Road to Destiny IC   The Road to Destiny IC EmptySat May 19, 2012 9:45 pm #8

The feline simply nodded acknowlegdement at the bird, who seemed to be relatively hardmless when it came to combat, at least from a first glance. He gazed at Sweart when the male approached, deeming him to a minor threat, if it came to that. "It is nice to meet you all," he said after a moment, easing up for the moment, letting his staff tilt forward into a resting position.

Marr soon heard footsteps approaching turning to face the newcomer. He backed away as he heard the name being shouted, having heard of the mage before. He pulled his robes closer to his body, and tugged his hood down, not wanting sand to get blown into his fur as the air kicked up, sand flying around. Apparently the elementalist doesn't think of other's comfort, he thought, glaring as the white fox materialized from the sands.
Back to top Go down
Emerald Link
Tom Hanks
Emerald Link

PostSubject: Re: The Road to Destiny IC   The Road to Destiny IC EmptySat May 26, 2012 10:03 pm #9

Chazn was quite relieved to see the final member of the party appearing over the horizon. Though... he had others with him. This would not bode well. His entrance proved to the bird that he would be quite the handful as well. "It is wonderful that you have joined us, Procyon. Though, please try to refrain from blinding the rest of us with your magics." He looked at his two followers. "I also regret to inform you that we cannot allow any others to travel with us. Even I am not going with you the entire time. They shall have to return to Undosia on their own."

Janros had watched the entrance in awe. He did think the use of magic was a sight to behold, even if he was not one for it himself. The lion could see that this group was going to have some trouble working together just from their introductions. He quickly felt a sense of pride dwell up from inside him. "Alright everyone! We need to focus. Procyon, our first objective is to find the elusive spellcaster who roams the forests of your kingdom. I am sure you have heard of her in tales before, so you'll be the most effective in helping us find her." He paused, looking at the rest. "Do not hesitate to help either though. We'll need to work together to be efficient in not only locating her, but also in traveling onward toward Seonadeu." Hopefully the group would understand his logic and they wouldn't have any real troubles...

"Oh, Marais. Grant us the strength to work together on this journey we've been chosen for." he muttered to himself, in his Felish dialect. Unfortunately, the others might not fully understand it, and instead they might hear, "Yes, there is a lack of energy and effort to do it. I decided to."
Back to top Go down
LadyOctopus
New Guy
LadyOctopus

PostSubject: Re: The Road to Destiny IC   The Road to Destiny IC EmptySun May 27, 2012 3:32 pm #10

Sweart's eyes hurt pretty badly with how hard he rolled his eyes when he saw the servant announced the "Great and Powerful or whatever wizard guy." Yes, he actually didn't actually catch the name. His eyes then proceed to sting even more when they got sand on them causing him to fall on his behind, trying to rub it out.

"Yeah... wot the burd sed." He knew he was REALLY not going to like this guy. "Um, don't worry 'bout my guys, bydaway... They're probably gone now. I think." Yeah, he still can't see just yet. "Still. They going to be OK, going all the way back by themselves?

He just listened to the rest, slowly getting up and brushing anything else on him off... very carefully. Being, well, feline, of course he could understand it. Though forgive him for not joining in. Really not quite his thing.
Back to top Go down
SakuSakuragi!
Sakumeister Supreme
SakuSakuragi!

Pet : Kazuya
: : : 50
: : : 5

PostSubject: Re: The Road to Destiny IC   The Road to Destiny IC EmptySun May 27, 2012 3:57 pm #11

"Oh, of course, Mr. Fowl, of course. They were only brought along to announce my entrance in the first place," Procyon said. "And uh, to the scraggly cat over there. Yes. They will be alright. That is what the guard is for, after all. I couldn't be bothered to care for this little...rodent servant, so they insisted I bring Pakka along as well so that the servant would be safe."

He then turned to Jincha and Pakka, who stood in perfect posture and did their best not to meet eye contact.
"Well? Get going, now. Undosia is a long ways away and I suggest you clear out of this area and into the nearest town before night arrives. I hear terrible things happen to the weak by then," Procyon said with a mischievous smile. He intended to scare them, though he wasn't sure himself whether or not he said was true. He knew nothing about the area he was in, after all. He hardly knew any of the more rural areas of Undosia itself, let alone any territories that lie outside.

Jincha met Procyon's gaze before uttering his farewell, "Well. I suppose this is goodbye, then. It was nice traveling with you, m'lord. It was a real hon--"
"Did you just meet my eyes? Did you? I swear upon my magical might, when I return to Undosia, you will wish you were born blind," Procyon shouted at his servant. "Now, leave."
"Yes, m'lord. Sorry, m'lord," Jincha said. The servant and his guard bowed respectfully at Procyon, turned, and made way to the horizon, their fate unknown to them or the rest of the crew

Procyon then turned to face the party again. "I apologize for the uncouth servant under my employ. It must have been a travesty to witness what they just did. Anyway, about the sorceress. Well, how do I put this. I do not know a thing about her. I am afraid I was too wrapped up in my own research to actually learn of folklore. However, since finding her seems to be an asset to the campaign, she must be of a high caliber of strength, so it should not be too much of a challenge to find her once we enter Undosia. However, drawing her out would be another matter entirely. Is there anything else I could be told about her? Possibly something I could abuse?"
Back to top Go down
Lyvern
New Guy
Lyvern

PostSubject: Re: The Road to Destiny IC   The Road to Destiny IC EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 5:44 pm #12

The panda had to bite his tongue as the cockly foxmage snapped at the servants, his grip on the staff tightening. He flicked his tail about for a moment, and shifted stance, paws digging into the sand below.

"I've heard a few tales lately, of a shadowy form roaming forests in Undosia," he said to the group, "Although, nothing very precise. Most of the stories I heard were in tavern and inn bars, told by farmers or a roaming traveler. It's rather hard to track down someone who doesn't want to be found," he sighed, stepping into the middle of the group. "It might not be very effective, but we could backtrack along the route I traveled and see if anyone can point us in a direction."
Back to top Go down
Emerald Link
Tom Hanks
Emerald Link

PostSubject: Re: The Road to Destiny IC   The Road to Destiny IC EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 12:28 am #13

(Okay. So I've been horrible about posting in this. I've been putting this post off for days in fact, due to laziness pretty much. I apologize wholeheartedly for it as well. This is gonna be a big post, and I'm gonna control people in order to get the plot really moving!)

Chazn did not much care for all the antics that were going on between the group, but that was not his problem. Marr's suggestion was the only logical thing they could start with. "Alright then, Marr. You will lead us on the route you initially traveled, and we shall follow." He looked at them all. "Unfortunately, I must leave you. I need to travel to Fenys and discover why the chosen champions did not appear with us today. I bid you all a safe journey!" As he called out that last phrase, he took flight. It did not take long for the cardinal to disappear from their sight.

The rest of the group took a moment to contemplate their current mission. Marr and Sweart were both pretty silent. Marr knew how he was going to travel, and was merely waiting for the others to start and follow him. Sweart kept to himself and stood close to the red panda to indicate his readiness. Janros was actually quite excited to get moving. He made it known as well. "Are we all ready then?" he asked. Sweart and Marr both nodded, though Procyon did not seem to notice. "Procyon?"

"Oh? Of course" The fox looked up at the other three males. "While I personally find this method of locating this sorceress to be unorthodox, I find that we have no other choice for the moment." Procyon's arrogance was showing through the statement.

"What? You think you've got a bedder idea?" Sweart chimed, looking over at the fox. He did not much care for his snobbery.

"Listen here, Urchin Feline." Procyon paused to glare at Sweart. "No one addresses me with such dribble. You should consider yourself blessed that I have not set you aflame already. However, as I said, I see no alternative for the time being, so we will have to try guessing at her location, but I do have an addition to that. I suggest that while we search for the sorceress like blind fools, we ask around for information on her. Something that would allow us, or I, specifically, to locate her. Perhaps even bring her to us."

Marr watched in silence, seeing the two of them start to argue back and forth. He remained quiet though, not wishing to get involved in any way. He knew the two of them could resolve this squabble amongst themselves. Janros wasn't pleased with it, but took the same approach as Marr with it for now.

"Oh, well, excuuuuuse me, princess! Didn't know yer one for friendly fire! Then again, shouda seen it comin' with the way ya treat people who're actually NICE to you! I guess consider yerself blessed or whatever that I haven't punched ya in the face!" He made his way to stomp over to him, to get into his face. He really, REALLY didn't like this guy. He practically tried to lunge at him, full of fury.

Janros saw Sweart suddenly lunge at Procyon. That wasn't good. He pushed himself between the cat and the fox, holding Sweart back. "THAT'S ENOUGH! JUST STOP IT, BOTH OF YOU!" He yelled. The two did shut up, looking over at him. "This is not what was intended when we were brought together! We have a mission, and you two need to get over this and let us move on. We could have already been on our way to Undosia if you two hadn't started this petty bickering." The young lion panted after his rant, making sure the two understood with a glare.

Procyon made the air around him turn into a bone-shaking chill and made the earth around his feet shake as Sweart lunged towards him. "Rushing at m--" He was interrupted by the lion-monk, who said something about bickering and lost progress. "Even though he unjustly interrupted me mid-speech, I would agree with the sanctified lion. We should set this little quarrel of ours aside until after this campaign of ours is finished. After all, we have lost all of five minutes of travel which we will never get back. Five minutes that would have made all the difference in our voyage. Five minutes that would have been the difference between life and death. And speaking of death, it would have been quite unfortunate if a tragedy were to befall one of our comrades at such an early point in our travels, hmm?"

Sweart was absolutely furious at this point. But what made him angrier than anything was that he had a point. Then again, if he had such care for not wasting time, maybe he should be doing the same thing with theatrics. At least he wasn’t wasting time by standing up for someone who can't stand up for themselves, rather than fanning his own ego. So, he just went limp, and nodded, feeling like even more of a coward for doing so. "You ain't bedder than any o' us." He muttered under his breath.

Janros sighed, and let go of Sweart once he’d calmed down. “Let us just move on from this.” He said softly. He couldn’t do much else for now. He looked at Marr, who nodded as well. The red panda knew that the argument would be resolved. He started to walk, and soon enough the other three were following him as well. The small band of total misfits headed toward the forests of Undosia, in hopes of finding the legendary sorceress that might be hiding there.

(BW, this gives you a chance to post a hint as to Cassandra's whereabouts, in hopes of finding you within the next few posts. I don't want to disclude you anymore than you've already been, so here's hoping that we can add you in soon.)
Back to top Go down
BlessedWrath
Tom Hanks
BlessedWrath

PostSubject: Re: The Road to Destiny IC   The Road to Destiny IC EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 9:29 am #14

The bustling streets of Halbrook ground to a halt upon her arrival. Though it seemed that she had been able to pass the scrutiny of the town guard, it seemed as though her reputation preceded her. Women gasped and covered their mouths, while men gripped their weapons and glared as she passed them by. Little boys snickered and shared their stories from within the safety of alleys, or behind crates of merchandise. While she knew nothing of them, they seemed to know a great deal of her.

"It can't be her," one man said, waving off his friends. They stood outside the Falling Star; Halbrook's only tavern. Some times its name was referenced as a metaphor for the remote positioning of the town itself, for it seemed as though no falling star ever landed within reach of a population of any great size. The remoteness of Halbrook seemed a fitting locale for the place.

Cassandra placed her bare feet with care and precision, navigating through the center of the city's street. Her eyes swept across the marketplace, picking out every detail which seemed important to her. The trail she followed had not originated here; she knew that much. But the Destroyers had come this way. She had to find someone in Halbrook who knew their plans, or who at least had contact with them when they stopped here for provisions.

"You, there!" Came a great booming voice. Cassandra finished her current step slowly, her eyes scanning for the source. A very large man clad in maille and leather approached her, his hand resting on the pommel of a longsword. "What's your purpose in Halbrook?"

Cassandra stared at the man, puzzled. The language was unfamiliar to her, and at once she realized her information-gathering mission here would not be easy. The man repeated his demands, but all Cassandra could glean from them was the urgency of his voice. He tried Common next, figuring that her native tongue must originate from a foreign land. Perhaps his second language would help.

"Why have you come to Halbrook?" He asked again, becoming impatient.

"Good for the life of me." She declared firmly, folding her arms. While the man, puzzled, began searching for a response to this gibberish, she continued. "Another way for me-Britannia Sachas Hotel and this country of Viking attacks."

"What?" The man sighed, exasperated. Cassandra canted her head, unable to understand his question. "Come with me; we'll get the town translator to speak with you."

To show no ill intent, the man simply reached out his hand for her, making eye contact with the softest expression he could manage. Cassandra shook her head, but did take a couple of steps toward the direction he indicated.

"Or," she said defiantly. The man, who appeared more and more like some sort of town guard, simply shook his head and went with it, guiding her toward the guard barracks.

Quote :
Translations from Felish into Common are contained in the spoilers below.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Emerald Link
Tom Hanks
Emerald Link

PostSubject: Re: The Road to Destiny IC   The Road to Destiny IC EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 11:22 pm #15

The group traveled for several days and nights. They opted to try and rest as little as possible, without exerting themselves too much. Marr had led them through three separate towns that were on his initial path, but none had provided a shred of evidence to the whereabouts of the sorceress. Despite the lack of information, morale remained... decent. Janros had to keep Sweart and Procyon at a bit of a distance so the two wouldn't be at each others throats though.

The next town was fast approaching on the horizon. "The town of Halbrook." Marr announced, looking at the other three members of his party. The three seemed excited, for the fact that they might find some information on their elusive target. It took them most of the afternoon to make it there, but they did not mind.

Janros broke ahead of the pack, eager to ask around for information. He found a town guard, and started asking him questions left and right. "Hello there good sir! My party and I are looking for someone special. We only know that she's a powerful sorceress and..."

"Wait wait wait." He grabbed the lion to calm him down. "Go to the town translator. You might find the one you're looking for." The guard dusted himself off, and went about his business. Janros quickly turned and motioned for the others to hurry along. They might have been able to figure out where she was! After asking the same guard where the town translator was, they were walking right toward it.
Back to top Go down
BlessedWrath
Tom Hanks
BlessedWrath

PostSubject: Re: The Road to Destiny IC   The Road to Destiny IC EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 12:22 pm #16

There was no trouble in locating the interpreter's office. It wasn't that it was easily found, or that the directions given them by the guard were easily understood; more that the large, angry mob surrounding the place provided a very useful indicator. As the group approached the office, chants and jeers could be heard over all else.

"Give us the witch!" one man shouted.

"Burn her alive!"

A slender man of middle height addressed the crowd with meager confidence. He held up his arms in an effort to calm them. It did not appear as though the people much cared about what he was going to say, unless it involved instructions for drawing and quartering.

"People of Halbrook!" he intoned, his voice finally cutting through. "There is no need for this. I have spoken to the stranger personally, and I give you my assurances that she is of a peaceful disposition. There is no chance that this person is the same Witch of the Wood who has you all out here, ready to kill. Look at yourselves! You're making this town look like a group of savages!"

A murmur of displeasure rumbled through the group, punctuated by more jeering. One man threw a rock at the interpreter, although his aim went wide. The rock made a sharp, loud thump against the wooden structure and clacked away across the cobblestone. There were more demands for blood.

"Honestly, people!" The interpreter tried again, exasperated. "There is absolutely no evidence, whatsoever, that this woman is of any dangerous ab-"

The interpreter's voice was drowned by a clap of thunder, produced out of the clear, blue sky. At once, dark clouds began to gather, slowly at first, but with building intensity. It became clear to all involved that the entire town had misjudged Cassandra, for the barred door which kept her inside the office left its hinges as splinters, carried by a howling wind.

"Bars cannot hold a force of Nature," she Spoke, this time her thoughts reaching the minds of all who could not specifically block the ability. Her voice came through as mingled with the rush of mana currents through the ley lines of their world, as if her words were carried by the river of energy which supplied all of Nature.

"I knew it!" one man cried, scrambling away. "It's the Witch of the Wood!"

From somewhere in the crowd, the twang of a crossbow reached over the commotion. The bolt it fired was knocked away by the swirling winds surrounding Cassandra. Her eyes swept the crowd and settled on the fleeing bowman. As she lifted one arm and closed her fist, wild vines grew rapidly from between the cobblestones and snaked around his left leg. He pitched forward and clawed frantically at the vines, unable to escape.

"Look at your people," Cassandra continued. "Tell me which ones I have injured. Tell me how many I have planted for the summer flowers. Accuse me only of that which I have done, or allow me to continue my quest. Stand in my path and be washed away by the Earth Mother."

As the terrified people searched for options, Cassandra allowed her display of power to wane. The winds were silenced, allowing her platinum hair to fall gently over her shoulders. The vines which trapped her would-be assassin loosened their grip, though they remained ready to strike again if the need arose.

Minutes passed. She awaited their judgment, and they awaited her vengeance. Nobody moved. For the moment, it seemed, they were at a stalemate.
Back to top Go down
LadyOctopus
New Guy
LadyOctopus

PostSubject: Re: The Road to Destiny IC   The Road to Destiny IC EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 9:56 pm #17

Well, Sweart had never seen anything like this before, with the mob. At first, he was VERY amused by this whole thing. Indeed, they DID look like a bunch of savages. It was pretty silly; I mean, he was completely uneducated, and even HE could tell. And, if he could sacrifice Procyon to them, claiming he was a witch, or, whatever the guy version of that was. However, things then became much less entertaining once "the witch" came out, with the flurry of chaos and panic that came with it, as well of the vines of doom. He turned to the rest of the group, and said, "Well, we're probably going to die. What do you guys want to do until then?" Him? Probably looting, maybe drinking Tapioca drink until they finally got him, if they had any here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Road to Destiny IC   The Road to Destiny IC Empty #18

Back to top Go down

The Road to Destiny IC

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1